23.4.08

Exchange to Montreal 2007/2008

So I can now practically count the hours I have left in this fantastic city I'm getting stupidly emotional. Jenna nearly cried on the Metro the other day and Bianca doesn't want to talk about it because its too sad. Scarlett leaves for England tomorrow and before she goes we're having one last immigrant party at Jenna's, a BBQ in ode to the beautiful weather we're currently having.

I've kinda forgotten about the exams I'm supposed to be doing this week (oooopppps!!) and am spending my time packing my life away and sunbathing in my garden. I'm excited about the big trip however it is almost getting shrouded in a big black cloud of Montreal sadness. I massively love this city and can really see me spending a lot more time here. Also I think we have become fairly well adapted to life here over the past 9 months, I found a stupid list of things "You know you're a Montrealer when...." but it is seriously spot on:

  • You know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter, and construction.
  • You say "I have to stop at the guichet before we get to the dep."
  • You pronounce it "Muntreal", not "Mahntreal"
  • Your only concern about jaywalking is getting a ticket.
  • You understand and frequently use terms like"'unilingual," "anglophone" and ''francophone."
  • You have to bring smoked meat from Schwartz's and bagels from St-Viateur.
  • You refer to Tremblant as "up North."
  • You know how to pronounce Pie IX.
  • You believe to the depth of your very being that Toronto has no soul you.
  • PFK is finger lickin' good.
  • You've seen Brother Andre's heart.
  • The margarine in your fridge is the same colour as lard.
  • You've been to the Tam Tams, and know they have nothing to do with wee Scottish hats.
  • You encounter bilingual homeless people.
  • You have yet to understand a single announcement made on the Metro PA system, no matter what the language.
  • You don't find it weird that there's a strip club on every corner Downtown.
  • You like your pizza all-dressed and it costs 99 cent.
  • You know the spoon man in front of Ogilvy's
  • Pictures speak a thousand words and this video (if I haven't communicated it already) illustrates how FREAKING AMAZING our Montreal exchange was. I pity the Bath student who chose to spend his year in France ;-) ENJOY and don't get too jealous:


    No comments:

    Visitor no. hit counter