17.2.09

Sverige

Among many things and so much work this past week I caught up with two friends in Stockholm; Heta and Kim. Heta is a Brit trapped in a Finish body. She is one of the original immigrants who I studied with at HEC in Canadaland. A total gem. The last time I saw her was December 2007 so 14 months ago, but it was like we had never been apart. I met Kim on a bus just outside San Fransisco when Jenna and I were travelling in the USA. He has crazy hair. Enough said. (Its quite hard to write friend biographies.....)

I like Sweden although my waist line doesn't agree with the number of chocolate Daim bars I managed to consume in such a small period of time. However despite how beautiful everything looked covered in snow (including my shoulders when running), Sweden made me feel uncomfortable; I've never really spent time in a country where I don't speak the language and having to guilty admit you don't understand a single thing anyone mutters at you gets kinda embarassing even when you are British and people almost expect linguistical inability.

Depending on the kindness of strangers can be a interesting activity and really tells you a lot about a person. Depending on the kindness of friends is equally as interesting because it tells you if you were right about them or not. Kim has really nice friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why did you not tell me you were coming to Stockholm? We could have got pa drunk at breakfast time again and then let him drive home. Dangerzone. Erik

Visitor no. hit counter