3.3.09

Tourist trippin'

I find it totally ironic that I've been lucky enough to travel all over the world yet never venture far into my own back garden when at home in England. This weekend I had a friend visiting from Denmark (Marie) and we decided to take a trip to see Stonehenge, something that I had guiltily never visited before. Although smaller than I had imagined (the stones are 6 metres above ground and 2 metres below) the place was eerily quiet and had a spooky feeling to it. No one knows why they built Stonehenge 2500 years ago yet the amazing thing is that the rock they used can only be found in Northern Wales which is a massive 160 miles away, meaning that they had to move these rocks (which each weigh more than 8 elephants) 160 miles to this location.... must have been pretty special.... any ideas?

No comments:

Visitor no. hit counter